THP Partners in Medicine - Bariatric Surgery: The Before & After
This online educational enduring material is designed for primary care physicians and specialists. We also invite nurses to take this course. Its purpose is to address existing and emerging issues in the diagnosis and management of primary care diseases.
At the end of this online enduring material, participants should be able to:
- Discuss different options in bariatric surgery and how surgeons choose the type of surgery for the patient
- Describe bariatric surgery outcomes in regard to comorbidity resolution and improvements in mental health
- Explain post-bariatric surgery patient management from a Primary Care Physician (PCP) perspective
- Review the latest procedures, techniques and advances in bariatric surgery
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.The Texas Health Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 Attendance
- 0.75 Nursing Contact Hour(s)