Acute Care Burns
This online interprofessional educational enduring material is designed for Physical Therapists and Nurses, We also invite others who care for patients with burns in the acute care setting.
At the end of this online enduring material, participants should be able to:
- Classify burns.
- Describe general burn intervention.
- Identify therapy specific burn intervention treatment principles.
- Discuss patient and family needs following burns.
- Explain PT/OT/SLP burn protocol.
- Discuss how the interdisciplinary care team helps to improve patient outcomes following burns.
- Describe barriers to care following burns.
- 2.00 Attendance
- 2.00 Nursing Contact Hour(s)In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- 2.00 Physical Therapist CCUThis activity has been approved by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 2.00 CCUs for PTs and PTAs.