THP Trauma Grand Rounds - Motorcycle vs Automobile: A Case Study
This online interprofessional educational enduring material is designed for physicians, nurses and allied health professionals in the following specialties: emergency medicine, surgery (general and trauma), orthopedics, radiology, plastic surgeons, internal medicine, family medicine and pediatrics. Its purpose is to address the skills and resources (competence) required to bridge the gap of complications and delivering care when dealing with uncharted territory in physician practice, along with which best evidence-based guidelines should influence the care that is provided to a patient.
At the end of this online enduring material, participants should be able to:
- State the desired time frame for emergency medical services scene response time
- Define indications for a resuscitative thoracotomy
- Describe evidence-based care for a multisystem injured trauma patient
- Explain the importance of multidisciplinary healthcare team’s prehospital communication between EMS and hospital personnel
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.The Texas Health Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 Attendance
- 0.75 EMS CreditTexas Health Resources is an approved CE provider for EMS Providers (DSHS Program Approval Number: 600827) through the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- 0.75 Nursing Contact Hour(s)