THD Trauma Grand Rounds - Perioperative Care of the Geriatric Trauma Patient
This online interprofessional educational enduring material is designed for physicians and nurses in the following specialties: emergency medicine, surgery (general and trauma), orthopedics, radiology, internal medicine, family medicine and pediatrics. We also invite allied health professionals to take this course. Its purpose is to address the need address the skills and resources (competence) required to bridge the gap of complications and delivering care when dealing with uncharted territory in physician practice, along with which best evidence-based guidelines should influence the care that is provided to a patient.
At the end of this online enduring material, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the demographic changes which make this topic important
- Examine the unique needs of the geriatric trauma patient in the perioperative setting
- Review the American College of Surgeons Geriatric Trauma Management Guidelines
- Discuss the role of the multidisciplinary team in perioperative care of older adults
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.The Texas Health Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 EMS CreditTexas Health Resources is an approved CE provider for EMS Providers (DSHS Program Approval Number: 600827) through the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- 1.00 Nursing Contact Hour(s)