THD Pediatric Trauma Seminar - Recognition of the Decompensating Child
This online educational enduring material is designed for nurses who care for pediatric trauma patients. We also invite EMS providers to take this course. Its purpose is to address the need address the skills and strategies to assess and care for pediatric trauma patients.
At the end of this online enduring material, participants should be able to:
- Compare and contrast the physical and physiological differences between pediatric and adult patients
- Identify signs and symptoms of progression of respiratory failure and shock
- Discuss the differences in treatment between a pediatric and adult patient during respiratory/cardiopulmonary arrest and shock
- Apply knowledge to case-based scenarios
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 EMS CreditTexas Health Resources is an approved CE provider for EMS Providers (DSHS Program Approval Number: 600827) through the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- 1.00 Nursing Contact Hour(s)In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.