THD Pediatric Trauma Seminar - Overview of Pediatric Trauma
This online educational enduring material is designed for nurses who care for pediatric trauma patients. We also invite EMS providers to take this course. Its purpose is to address the need address the skills and strategies to assess and care for pediatric trauma patients.
At the end of this online enduring material, participants should be able to:
- Review the unique differences of the pediatric trauma patients and how these differences impact care
- Describe specific mechanisms of injury seen in pediatric trauma
- Discuss assessment of the pediatric trauma patient
- Discuss the importance of community education
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 EMS CreditTexas Health Resources is an approved CE provider for EMS Providers (DSHS Program Approval Number: 600827) through the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- 1.00 Nursing Contact Hour(s)In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.