THAMH Trauma Grand Rounds - Improving Patient Care Using Trauma Informed Care Practices
This online interprofessional educational enduring material is designed all physicians and clinical staff involved in the care of trauma patients. Its purpose is to address the need that there are rapidly changing technologies, procedures, and pharmacology agents in dealing with trauma.
At the end of this online enduring material, participants should be able to:
- Define trauma and discuss its impact on patients and their behavior
- Demonstrate an understanding of practical ways they multidisciplinary healthcare team can integrate trauma informed care in patient treatment
- Apply the core principles of trauma informed care in healthcare settings
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.The Texas Health Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 Attendance
- 0.75 EMS CreditTexas Health Resources is an approved CE provider for EMS Providers (DSHS Program Approval Number: 600827) through the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- 0.75 Nursing Contact Hour(s)