THAL Trauma Grand Rounds - Pediatric Head Trauma
This online interprofessional educational enduring material is designed for designed for physicians and nurses involved in the care of trauma patients. We also invite clinical staff to take this course. Its purpose is to address the fact that there are rapidly changing technologies, procedures and pharmacology agents in dealing with trauma care.
At the end of this online enduring material, participants should be able to:
- Summarize what makes pediatric patients at risk for head trauma
- Recognize differences in pediatric trauma assessment
- Describe importance and limitations of imaging in pediatric head trauma
- Identify treatment goals for pediatric head trauma patients
- Discuss specific head injuries seen in the pediatric population
- Explain the importance of effective communication and teamwork to prevent harm and improve patient safety
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.The Texas Health Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 Attendance
- 0.75 EMS CreditTexas Health Resources is an approved CE provider for EMS Providers (DSHS Program Approval Number: 600827) through the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- 0.75 Nursing Contact Hour(s)