THFW Trauma Prevention and Outreach: Impact Teen Drivers - Train the Trainer
Registered Nurses, EMS Providers, Law Enforcement Officers, Community Educators
**Consider registering 2 or more representatives from your facility/agency or organization so that you have multiple people trained in delivering the IMPACT Teen Drivers program**
- Effectively link the importance of evidence-based education and quality communication to address the problem of reckless and distracted driving.
- Provide participants with the knowledge and resources they need to successfully present the Impact Teen Drivers' programs in their own communities.
- Ensure that participants have the knowledge to effectively communicate and respond to inquiries about teen driving attitudes and behaviors, as well as graduated driver's license laws (GDL).
- Motivate first responders, educators, health professionals, and community members to carry out the Impact Teen Drivers program in their communities to help stop the number one killer of young people in America—reckless and distracted driving.
- Communicate current research trends and the importance of utilizing evidence-based programs and materials in outreach efforts.
- Facilitate action planning utilizing the Impact Teen Drivers materials and programs.
- 5.00 Attendance
- 5.00 EMS CreditTexas Health Resources is an approved CE provider for EMS Providers (DSHS Program Approval Number: 600827) through the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- 5.00 Nursing Contact Hour(s)In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.