THD Trauma Grand Rounds - Thromboelastography
This online interprofessional educational enduring material is designed for physicians and nurses in the following specialties: emergency medicine, surgery (general and trauma), orthopedics, radiology, internal medicine, family medicine and pediatrics. We also invite allied health professionals to take this course. Its purpose is to address the need address the skills and resources (competence) required to bridge the gap of complications and delivering care when dealing with uncharted territory in physician practice, along with which best evidence-based guidelines should influence the care that is provided to a patient.
At the end of this online enduring material, participants should be able to:
- Define the clotting cascade, cell-based hemostasis
- Define thromboelastographic testing (TEG) and explore the guidelines and clinical value
- Discuss TEG testing and viewing results
- Interpret TEG tracing and normal vs. abnormal values
- Define the role of the multidisciplinary team in the care of patients using thromboelastographic testing
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Texas Health Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 Attendance
- 0.75 EMS CreditTexas Health Resources is an approved CE provider for EMS Providers (DSHS Program Approval Number: 600827) through the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- 0.75 Nursing Contact Hour(s)