THD Breast Cancer Grand Rounds - HER2 Low Breast Cancer: What Do We Know About It?
This online interprofessional educational enduring material is designed for physicians and nurses involved in the screening, evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. We also invite clinical staff to take this course. Its purpose is to develop the skills and resources needed to stage the cancer, indicate prognosis, make appropriate genetics recommendations, meet national treatment guidelines and address the appropriateness of clinical trials for patients. Needs exist to provide strategies on approaching diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer with the newest standards and technologies.
At the end of this online enduring material, participants should be able to:
- Discuss HER2 LOW breast cancer as an entity within know subtypes of breast cancer
- Review the evolving pathology techniques and standards for defining this entity… a work in progress
- Discuss the mechanism of action and clinical implications in the treatment of a broader HER2 LOW target population with an exciting new class of drugs, monoclonal drug antibody conjugates
- Discuss the importance of a collaborative team approach when integrating the results of HER2 testing with the various treatment options available
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.The Texas Health Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 Attendance
- 0.75 Nursing Contact Hour(s)