THD OB/GYN Grand Rounds - Thyroid Wars: Controversies in the Management of Hypothyroidism
This online educational enduring material is designed for physicians and clinical staff. Its purpose is to provide for the continuous educational need of the physicians to become more knowledgeable about the obstetrical/gynecological diseases and conditions and become more efficient in the evaluation and management of concerns unique to their patients.
At the end of this online enduring material, participants should be able to:
- Describe symptoms of hypothyroidism and appropriate laboratory testing for the diagnosis of hypothyroidism
- Discuss commercially available forms of thyroid hormone replacement, how they differ and appropriate clinical settings for different types of thyroid hormone replacement
- Review implications of Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and hypothyroidism in pregnancy, including evidence-based treatment (TSH) targets
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.The Texas Health Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 Nursing Contact Hour(s)