THD Internal Medicine Grand Rounds - A New Frontier in Critical Care: Saving the Injured Brain
This online educational enduring material is designed for physicians and clinical staff. Its purpose is to provide for the continuous educational need of the physicians to become more knowledgeable about the diseases in internal medicine subspecialties and become more efficient in the evaluation and management of concerns unique to their patients.
At the end of this online enduring material, participants should be able to:
- Review robust evidence that delirium is a risk factor of excess mortality, length of stay, cost of care and dementia following critical illness
- Discuss acquired dementia following ICU care as a global public health problem that dismantles our patients’ lives as part of PICS (post-intensive care syndrome)
- Discuss new data-driven mechanisms embodied in the ABCDEF Bundle by which to improve patient-centered outcomes (survival, length of stay, successful discharge home) as employed within the ICU Liberation Collaborative in over 15,000 patients
- Identify strengths and pitfalls of ABCDEF implementation in order to change culture and care successfully so that ICU teams can better serve patients
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.The Texas Health Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Attendance