THAMH Internal Medicine Grand Rounds - Medical Negligence and Malpractice
This online interprofessional enduring material is designed for physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses and allied health. Its purpose is to address concurrent problems of diagnosis and management of disease entities in internal medicine.
At the end of this online enduring material, participants should be able to:
- Review legal definitions involving malpractice scenarios
- Explore the myths and misconceptions surrounding law suits in medical practice
- Describe the role (or the lack of) practicing “Defensive Medicine” as a strategy
- Discuss the role of documentation as a tool in defense against lawsuits
- Review the importance of coordination and communication within a multidisciplinary team to ensure a safe practice environment
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.The Texas Health Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Attendance