THAMH Internal Medicine Grand Rounds - Limb Preservation and Treatment of Non Healing Wounds
This online interprofessional enduring material is designed for physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses and allied health. Its purpose is to address concurrent problems of diagnosis and management of disease entities in internal medicine.
At the end of this online enduring material, participants should be able to:
- Describe the difference between wound care and limb preservation, and the function of a limb preservation clinic
- Discuss the diagnosis of etiologies of chronic wounds
- Review the treatment of underlying etiologies for chronic wounds
- Explore old and new modalities for treatment of chronic wounds
- Discuss a multi-disciplinary approach to wound care, and improve teamwork with primary care physicians by educating them on treatment of chronic wounds
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.The Texas Health Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 Attendance