Foundations of Faith Community Nursing
When you register for the course, you must also submit the completed Participant Letter of Intent and Faith Leader Letter of Support (scroll to bottom of page for documents) to PaulaMiller@TexasHealth.org OR FaithCommunityNursing@TexasHealth.org.
- Active registered nursing license for the state in which you practice
- Specialized knowledge in the spiritual beliefs and practices of the faith community
- Reflect personal spiritual maturity in her/his practice
- Organized, flexible, a self-starter and a good communicator
- Participants must be present for ALL virtual class days and complete all online components to receive CE. No partial credit will be awarded.
- Special discounted rate for nurses employed by Texas Health Resources and nurses in a Faith Community Program Agreement: $75.
- NOTE: To receive employee and program partner discount rates you MUST enter a coupon code - available by request from Paula Miller, MSN, RN at PaulaMiller@TexasHealth.org OR FaithCommunityNursing@TexasHealth.org
- Please do not pay for course until you receive the coupon code if you are eligible to receive a discount.
Registration and Payment Deadline January 11, 2023
- Space is limited, register early. Payment must be received prior to distribution of course materials.
- Fee includes course materials, CNE credit, and Westberg Institute for Faith Community Nursing pin and certificate.
- Course payment due January 11,2023
- Completed application form and questionnaire about your personal goals and purpose for taking this course (see attached document below)
- Letter of support from your clergy or spiritual leader for participation in the course (see attached document below)
- All forms are in a pdf fillable format. Just fill out the form, e-sign, save, and send to Paula Miller, MSN, RN at PaulaMiller@TexasHealth.org OR FaithCommunityNursing@TexasHealth.org
The purpose of this course is to provide registered nurses with specialized knowledge and skills for professional practice in a faith community setting.
The core curriculum focuses on:
• Holistic Health
- Virtual Classroom Day 1
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Virtual Classroom Day 2
- Thursday, February 2, 2023, 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Virtual Classroom Day 3
- Friday, February 3, 2023, 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Online Component: seven weeks of independent learning (weekly self-paced)
- February 6 - March 22, 2023
- Virtual Classroom Day 4
- Thursday, March 30, 2023, 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Virtual Classroom Day 5
- Friday, March 31, 2023, 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Caryn Paulos, MSN, RN-BC
- Cheryl Mart, MSN, RN-BC
- Paula Miller, MSN, RN
- Denise Brown, MSN-ED, RN-BC
- Susan Trumps, BSN, RN, CWS
- Sharon Wilson, PhD, RN
- 37.50 Nursing Contact Hour(s)In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.