THD Psychiatry Grand Rounds - Benzodiazepines: The Other Drug Epidemic
This online interprofessional educational enduring material is designed for physicians and clinical staff. Its purpose is to address behavioral health and psychiatric issues/treatments.
At the end of this online enduring material, participants should be able to:
- Describe the clinically appropriate and inappropriate use of benzodiazepines in psychiatric patients
- Identify patients who may be appropriate for tapering or discontinuing benzodiazepines
- Discuss tapering strategies for patients on chronic benzodiazepines
- Identify the roles interprofessional team members play in managing patients on benzodiazepines
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
In support of improving patient care, Texas Health Resources is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.The Texas Health Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.75 Attendance